Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pictures!

This is kind of a defining moment in my blogging "career". It's the first time I've ever blogged long enough to have a post 'worthy' of pictures. Very Exciting. ;) Ok, moving on...

All the pictures are actually going to be from yesterday. I forgot my camera this morning. oops.

(btw, sorry the pictures are in the wrong order...I guess it doesn't really matter...i'll try to fix it eventually ;))


my sewing table/desk




My quilt. It's almost done now. I sewed the binding to the top last night. Now all I have to do is hand-sew it to the back. :)


Trent is an "Abatar" (Avatar)


Trent's 4.




This is Ethan. He's 5.



The boys are very adorable, but they can both have very bad attitudes. All day Monday was spent seeing how far they could push me, and how much they could get away with. Well, the conclusion was--not far. They figured out that whining and throwing a fit on the floor is NOT how they're going to get want they want from me. All day I was dealing with tantrums over ridiculous, petty things (i.e. trent threw a fit because Ethan "made him forget what he was going to say). It took a lot of patience and a frequent prayers of wisdom and sanity. ;)

Today went much better. Since they had gotten used to me, and they knew I wasn't going to put up with anything, or give into their screaming, we actually had a lot of fun. And we worked on saying "please" and "thank you", and not hitting your brother to give you what you want, but asking for it nicely. It went better than I thought. By the end of the day, they were being polite all on there own, without me having to remind them. :)

Thursday is the last day. They'll be at their mom's, so I won't have to be there I think 'til around 7:30. I'm trying to think up something to do. I like taking them to a park or something where they can be outside, but I need a backup plan because it's supposed to rain all week.

That's about it for tonight. I've been up for 18 hours, and frankly, I'm pooped. :p I hope y'all are having a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment