Monday, June 13, 2011

Growing Up Sucks

Here's a list of why growing up sucks:
~You have to give up once-in-a-lifetime chances to go to Europe because you need to buy a car for school
~You have to go to school
~Your parents decide move (because you're growing up) and therefore are stressed from their 50million things to do which forces you to figure all your college stuff out on your own (i.e. make phone calls, take assement tests, meet with a guidance counselor, and find your way around a huge school full of strangers
~you have to give up swimming, six flags, and road trips because you have to work so you can pay for the car you need to drive to school.
~you're expected to be mature and responsible when, really, all you want to do is curl on in your p.j.'s and watch Disney movies all day.
~you know longer have plain ol' drama. It's now drama times 10 and it could potentially effect the rest of your life.



okay, okay, there's some good things about growing up too...like:
-freedom
-money
-living on your own (eventually)
-not being under your parents authority
-traveling :D
-responsibility (yeah, it's a good thing, too...sometimes)
-voting--ha! yes I'm excited about being able to vote.


That's what I've been thinking about the past month. Along with graduation, parties, letting my best friend leave me all alone for two weeks. The same best friend moving to Texas at the end of July. Looking for a car (or truck...haven't decided. It's that inner conflict between responsibily and wanting to have fun).

oh! Funny story. About a month or so ago, a lady I go to church with asked if I could watch her kids during her neice's bat mitzvah. Well, I didn't know I'd be watching them at the temple. I was so out of place. Yeah, my little blonde-haired, blue-eyed, German self at a temple full of Jewish people. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. AWKWARD! Since no one knew me I was praying they wouldn't be like, "Oh, what's your name? Why are you here?" Melanie Bruns. If I was any more German, I'd have an accent. So anyway long story short, nobody asked, and all in all it wasn't too bad. It was a learning experience, I guess...

Not much else has been going on. My life gets pretty dull in the summer. I work all the time, so I don't ever have time to do anything. Let's see if I can keep up with this now. I missed it. I love yous!
peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment