Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where's Waldo?

Waldo's easier to find than I have been this past month. How is it that when you're little, time can't go by any slower, but now it seems like school just started, yet Christmas is in 21 days?!

I do have some excuse for my absence. A few weeks ago, I accidentally dropped my laptop, and spilled water on it. It took two days for it to even turn on, and still only about 4 or 5 keys worked. And there was NO WAY I was going to cut and past every letter. I mean come on. It miraculously started working one morning, though, and now only 2 cursor keys and one shift key don't work. It can be annoying, but it sure beats buying a new computer!

I finally found a job! A dear friend of mine works at a (semi) healthy wrap shop. I went in last tuesday to apply, the owner called me the next morning, and I started work that Thursday. I am SO thankful for this job! The people I've worked with so far are all very nice. And it's only about 20 minutes away from my house, which is only 5 minutes farther from my last job. One important thing about this place: it desperately needs Jesus!

One question that seems to go around the Christian/homeschool circle is this: does a girl really *need* a job? Shouldn't her parents be taking care of her? Should she work somewhere that doesn't have a Christian environment? How can she be protected if she's there alone?

All those questions apply for college as well. I'm in the process of writing a post on these topics, and hope to have it up in the next couple of days.

This coming week is going to be CRAZY! here's a quick list of what's to come.
Monday:
-work at 11
-school
-Bible study
Tuesday:
-Take my brother {Jeremiah, Jerry, Jere, J, J-man...you get the idea} to class at 10:30
-i have trig at 11:30
-Choir at 1
-take my brother to his concert {across town from where we were-i have no idea where I'm supposed to go, and i only have a half hour to get him there}
-come home, and fix supper
-take Jeremiah to youth group
Wednesday
-class at 11:15
-class at 3:30 {i usually stay in town to save gas}
Thursday;
-work at 11
then the rest of the day I get to stay home...I think.
Friday:
-Friday I work in the morning, then am going to my youth pastor's house to help his wife get some things together. That night we {my youth group} are going down to Old Town to pass out Tracts, and hot chocolate, and sing carols.
Saturday:
-I have a choir concert that morning. I'm not looking forward to it. Nor do I think it will go well...ugh

So that's what my week looks like. I'll be getting up earlier so I can enough time to get everything done. And my mom is going to the hospital Tuesday. She has a kidney stone, and they have to go in to remove it. Prayers are much appreciated.

I think that's all for now. I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season. As we go about our days decorating, and shopping, let's not forget the reason we're celebrating in the first place!
"For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." 
me and my baby brother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment