Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here We Go

Hello world! I don't exactly have the best record of keeping up with blogging. The best I ever did it was everyday for probably about two weeks. Then it died. But that was a long time ago when posts consisted of "Today I woke up, took a shower, did school, went to bed...blah, blah, blah." Who wants to read that? Then a few months ago, a few of my friends and I decided to start blogging on a different blogger. I had one official post, then it ended.

Hopefully, things will be different this time around. Now my blog has purpose. I have a vision. I have goals.

Goal #1: I pray that this blog will be uplifting to everyone (if anyone) who reads it. I want to encourage girls to follow God, and not to give up on Him when things seem to be falling apart. He has a plan. That plan is perfect. If you only get one thing out of this blog, I hope that it's TRUST. "Confident expectation of something". That's one of my favorite definitions of "trust". We *have* to expect that God knows what He's doing. We *have* to be confident that He knows best. We *have* to expect that He'll do what's best for us. Then we can have true hope and joy in this fallen world.

Goal #2: Accountability. Eventually on here I'll give my testimony. Until then I'll say this: I've done a lot of stupid things from having a lack of accountability in my life. I know, that's no excuse. I, alone, am responsible for my actions. However, we need people to keep us accountable. We're all fallen humans. Sometimes, even when we're trying so hard to do what's right, we end up doing the wrong thing because we haven't got anyone to call us out on our actions.

Goal#3: This goal is pretty simple at first glance. And it is to serve God by serving others. That is my prayer for my life. My wish is to serve others, and through that bring glory to my Savior. I pray that God will strip away all pride, and vanity, so that I may truly be a servant. That's where I got the name for this blog.

For even the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many. -Mark 10:45


Ok, now that I got all the deep stuff out of the way, this will also be a place where I share pictures, and random day-to-day things about my life. That's one of my favorite things when reading others' blogs.

Well, I think that's it for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

--Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment