Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You the day the earth stood still?

I was 8 years old. I remember my mom waking me and my sister up to watch the news. I saw when the second tower was hit. At 8, I didn't really know what was going on, but I understood it was a terrorist attack. I also remember every gas station had huge lines at them, because everyone knew that gas prices would be affected. I remember were gas prices never went over a dollar. Since 9/11 I don't think gas prices were ever under $1. I remember everyone freaking out about how expensive gas prices were at $1.02 and $1.04. If only we could see ten years into the future at how much gas would cost. What we wouldn't give to go back to $1.50/gallon. Heck, I'd settle for $2.50.

As tragic and horrible as that day was (and I'm not trying to betlittle or minimize anyone's pain or heartache from that day) it could've been so much worse. Today my heart and my prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims of 9/11. Though it's a day linked to death and pain, and terror, I pray that we remember that God is the Great Healer. The Fixer. I pray He brings this country to its knees.

 Never forget

No comments:

Post a Comment